Stephanie Beatriz, the accomplished American actress, has transitioned from promise to prominence with nominations for Best Supporting Actress in 2014, 2016, and 2018. Her fans eagerly follow not only her career but also her personal life, especially since a significant statement she made years ago.
RELATED: Who is Kristin Grannis? All About Jamie Foxx’s Ex-girlfriend
Beatriz’s portrayal of Rosa Diaz in Brooklyn Nine-Nine brought her worldwide recognition. In 2015, the show’s cast received Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations. Dive into the intriguing life story of this extraordinary woman, filled with captivating and inspiring details that will deepen your appreciation for her talents and journey.
|Full Name||Stephanie Beatriz Bischoff Alvizur|
|Birthday||February 10, 1981|
|Current Residence||Los Angeles|
|Social Media||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
|Years Active||2009 – Present|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
Who is Stephanie Beatriz?
Stephanie Beatriz Bischoff Alvizuri is a prominent American actress celebrated for her diverse roles in various entertainment projects. She gained widespread recognition for her portrayal of Detective Rosa Diaz in the Fox/NBC comedy series “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” a role she held from 2013 to 2021.
RELATED: Who is Debby Clarke Belichick? All About Bill Belichick’s ex-wife
Her talent extends to the Peacock action-comedy series “Twisted Metal” in 2023, where she assumes the character Quiet. Furthermore, Stephanie’s vocal abilities shine as she lends her voice to the lead character, Mirabel Madrigal, in the Disney film “Encanto,” released in 2021.
How old is Stephanie Beatriz?
In 2023, Stephanie Beatriz is 42 years old. She was born on February 10, 1981, in Neuquén, Argentina, to a Colombian father and a Bolivian mother.
Beatriz pursued her education at Stephens College, an all-women’s institution located in Columbia, Missouri. Upon completing her studies and graduating in 2002, she relocated to New York City to follow her passion for acting. Since 2010, she has made her home in Los Angeles.
Stephanie Beatriz and her family immigrated to the United States when she was just two years old, accompanied by her parents and a younger sister. They settled in Webster, Texas, a suburb located outside of Houston, where Stephanie attended Clear Brook High School. During her childhood, Stephanie’s mother exposed her and her sister to various arts exhibits and events, which played a significant role in cultivating her interest in potential careers in the arts.
Her passion for acting was sparked when she enrolled in speech and debate as an elective, allowing her opportunities to participate in theatrical productions. At the age of 18, Stephanie Beatriz proudly became a United States citizen.
Stephanie Beatriz’s career spans various facets of the entertainment industry, from stage to television and podcasting. Early on, she showcased her talent at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, where she delivered remarkable performances in plays such as “A View From a Bridge” (2008), “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” (2010), and “Measure for Measure” (2011).
RELATED: Who is Nina Altuve? All About José Altuve’s wife
Her television journey began with minor roles in series like “The Closer” and “Southland,” followed by a recurring character in the popular ABC comedy “Modern Family.” Her breakthrough came in 2013 when she assumed the role of Detective Rosa Diaz in the celebrated series “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” a character she portrayed for eight seasons. Notably, she also directed an episode in season 6.
Beatriz’s foray into independent cinema included a role in a film that won the Audience Award at the 2017 South by Southwest Film Festival, earning her acclaim for her authentic performance.
Expanding her horizons, she lent her voice to animated series “BoJack Horseman” and continued to impress in various projects, including a notable appearance in a Lin-Manuel Miranda production in 2021.
In 2021, Beatriz ventured into podcasting, voicing the lead in a crime procedural podcast she also executive produced. She further explored the podcasting realm with other projects while actively pursuing the development of a TV series based on her podcast character. Stephanie Beatriz’s versatile career continues to evolve, solidifying her status as a prominent and influential talent in the entertainment industry.
Is Stephanie Beatriz fully blind?
Stephanie Beatriz is legally blind. Stephanie Beatriz experiences significant visual impairment due to severe astigmatism, necessitating the use of corrective glasses for clear vision. In some of her acting roles, she opts not to wear glasses, and she faces challenges with contact lenses due to sensitivity, which can make it challenging to accurately hit her designated positions on set.
Furthermore, Beatriz has openly shared her struggle with disordered eating, a condition she developed during her college years.
Is Stephanie Beatriz bisexual?
Stephanie Beatriz has openly identified as bisexual. In 2016, she surprised her fans with an unexpected announcement. She retweeted an interview with Aubrey Plaza, a well-known American actress, who stated, “I fall in love with girls and guys. I can’t help it…” Beatriz responded with a simple “Yup,” which left her followers somewhat puzzled. When asked whether this meant she identified as bisexual, the actress confirmed her orientation.
Stephanie Beatriz is known for using her social media platforms, including Instagram and Twitter, not only to share photos and thoughts but also to express her support for the LGBTQ+ community. Additionally, she uses her voice to advocate for women’s rights and address issues related to inequality in society.
In October 2017, she happily announced her engagement to actor Brad Hoss. The two of them exchanged vows and were married on October 6, 2018. In June 2021, she shared the wonderful news of her pregnancy, and their daughter was born in August 2021.
RELATED: Who is Jeff Halperin? All About Kari Lake Husband
Stephanie Beatriz’s Net Worth
Stephanie Beatriz, the Argentine-American actress renowned for her role as Detective Rosa Diaz on the hit television series Brooklyn Nine-Nine, has amassed a substantial net worth estimated at $2 million.
Stephanie Beatriz Movies and TV Shows
- 2013: “Short Term 12” as Jessica
- 2014: “You’re Not You” as Jill
- 2016: “Pee-wee’s Big Holiday” as Freckles
- 2016: “Ice Age: Collision Course” as Gertie (voice)
- 2016: “The Pistol Shrimps” as Herself (Member of the L.A. City Municipal Dance Squad)
- 2017: “The Light of the Moon” as Bonnie (Also executive producer)
- 2018: “Half Magic” as Candy
- 2019: “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part” as General Sweet Mayhem (voice)
- 2021: “In the Heights” as Carla
- 2021: “Encanto” as Mirabel Madrigal (voice) [Note: Omitted film title]
- 2022: “Catwoman: Hunted” as Batwoman (voice)
- 2022: “The Bob’s Burgers Movie” as Chloe Barbash (voice) [Note: Omitted film title]
- 2009: “The Closer” as Camila Santiago (Episode: “The Life”)
- 2012: “The Smart One” as Natalee (Television film)
- 2013–2019: “Modern Family” as Sonia (4 episodes)
- 2013: “Southland” as Belinda Cargrove (Episode: “Under the Big Top”)
- 2013: “Jessie” as Salma Espinosa (Episode: “Toy Con”)
- 2013: “Hello Ladies” as Gatekeeper (Episode: “The Limo”)
- 2013–2021: “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” as Rosa Diaz (Main role; directed the episode “He Said, She Said”)
- 2014: “Top Chef Duels” as Herself (Episode: “Jen Carroll vs. Nyesha Arrington”)
- 2015: “Axe Cop” as Hasta Mia (voice) (Episode: “The Center of the Ocean”)
- 2017–2020: “Bob’s Burgers” as Chloe Barbash/Julia/Pam (voice) (6 episodes)
- 2017: “The New V.I.P.’s” as Elena (voice) (Television film)
- 2017: “Danger & Eggs” as Sheriff Luke/Captain Banjo (voice) (4 episodes)
- 2017: “@midnight” as Herself (Episode: “541”)
- 2018–2019: “BoJack Horseman” as Gina Cazador (voice) (9 episodes)
- 2018: “Hell’s Kitchen” as Herself (Red guest diner; Episode: “Fish Out of Water”)
- 2019: “One Day at a Time” as Pilar (Episode: “The Funeral”)
- 2019: “Into the Dark” as Elena (Episode: “Treehouse”)
- 2019: “The Unauthorized Bash Brothers Experience” as Val Gal (Variety special)
- 2019: “Twelve Forever” as Conelly (voice) (2 episodes)
- 2020: “Family Guy” as Hostess (voice) (Episode: “Holly Bibble”)
- 2020: “Elena of Avalor” as Ixlan (voice) (3 episodes)
- 2020: “Wizards: Tales of Arcadia” as Callista/Nemue/Deya The Deliverer (voice) (7 episodes)
- 2020: “Reno 911!” as Sofia the Drug Lord (Episode: “Sofia the Drug Lord”)
- 2020–2021: “DuckTales” as Gosalyn Waddlemeyer (voice) (2 episodes)
- 2020–2021: “Central Park” as Enrique (voice) (2 episodes)
- 2021: “Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous” as Tiff (voice) (Season 2; 5 episodes)
- 2021: “Devil May Care” as Head Demon Gloria (voice) (7 episodes)
- 2021: “The Casagrandes” as Blanca Guzman (voice) (Episode: “Saving Face”)
- 2021: “Q-Force” as Mira Popadopolous (voice) (Main role)
- 2021: “American Dad!” as Chardonnay (voice) (Episode: “Family Time”)
- 2021: “Maya and the Three” as Chimi (voice) (Main role)
- 2022: “Robot Chicken” as Alita, Maria Wong (voice) (Episode: “May Cause an Excess of Ham”)
- 2022: “Dogs in Space” as Pepper (voice) (Season 2; main role)
- 2022–2023: “The Legend of Vox Machina” as Lady Kima (voice) (Recurring)
- 2023–present: “Twisted Metal” as Quiet (Main role)
- 2016: “WIZARD” as Elizabeth (voice) (3 episodes)
- 2021–present: “Alpha Betas” as Ruby Ortiz/Jane (voice) (5 episodes; recurring role)
- 2021: “Tejana” as Eileen Castillo (6 episodes; Executive producer)
- 2022: “Twin Flames” as Host (6 episodes)
- 2022: “Solar” as Dr. Wren Guerrero (12 episodes)
- 2022: “Why Won’t You Date Me?” as guest (Episode: “Bisexual Erasure”)
- 2005: “Oh! What a Lovely War” as Performer
- 2021–2022: “2:22 A Ghost Story” as Lauren (Gielgud Theatre)
- 2023: “Disney Dreamlight Valley” as Mirabel Madrigal (voice) (Added in a February 2023 update)